YOU HAVE TO FEEL THE GNOCCHI


This phrase sounds like me, but it did not come out from my mouth. Daniel told this to his mother, teasing her. He had actually an "attitude" for Gnocchi. Believe me: these Gnocchi were not the easiest: being made by pumpkin they were falling apart and you need really expert fingers to make the dough to stay. 


The concentration of Alice and Daniel during the "soft" kneading of the sticky dough....


 ...... for this result.



Daniel cooking eggplant, the favourite vegetables of his girlfriend.




I learned a great lesson from Daniel. I promise Daniel: since now on Iwill thank my mother for every meal she would prepare for me any time I go to visit her. Thank you for teaching me through your gratitude and your smile.

 GNOCCHI DI ZUCCA CON PESTO DI ERBETTE
PUMPKIN GNOCCHI WITH HERBS EMULSION



Ingredients for 4:

Cut in big slices 1,2 kg ( about 3 Lb) of pumpkin and put in the oven at 200° for 25 minutes, to dry.
Flour

For the sauce: peel 2 spring onions, “blanch” them in boiling water, cut in pieces. Mix them in a blender with fresh marjoram leaves, 20 basil leaves, the chopped leaves of some rosemary, 30 gr grated parmesan, 30 gr walnuts, salt, olive oil.

Take off the seeds and the skin. Pass the pulp through a passaverdura and put it on a working surface. If too watery, put the pumpkin puree in a pan on low heat, to dry further. Knead the pumpkin puree with a pinch of salt and about 200 grams ( 7 oz) of flour. Then make the gnocchi. Flour them and keep separated to not stick together.


Boil the gnocchi in salted boiling water, drain and season with the herbs pesto.
You can decorate your plate with fried sage and basil leaves.

Comments