JANET, MARCIA, THE GOOD NEWS AND THE KIDS' CHOCOLATE CAKE

THIS IS JANET

THIS IS MARCIA

These ladies took a class yesterday and they have been a source of inspiration for me. 
Since the beginning of the year, my resolution was: STOP TALKING ABOUT THE BAD THINGS OF THE WORLD AND THINK POSITIVE.
Thas has been something I was not able to put in practise, defeated by the daily worries.
Janet has a practical solution. Which is simple and obvious. JUST DO IT.
She keeps a Blog with only the GOOD NEWS she finds on newspapers, internet, in the circle of the people she knows. And, the discovr was: THEY ARE MANY! we are sorrounded by good things, they are about 80% of the total things we are sorrounded by. Just we see exclusively the bad ones.

I can bring my own example. I spent a "dark period": some years of "bad things": love, money, life, work... everything seemed to fall apart. Following also the advice of good friends I started to thank for the good ones and to focus my attention: my beautiful and sweet kids, our health, the tooth brush in the morning, the warm shower, the food every day in our plates, the smell of spring, a telephone call...
I also started to practice my own "yoga". 
People were telling me that I was walking with my face down to the asphalt and a sad expression.
I started to walk ( to force myself to remember and do it) with my face up and a crcaked smile. The smile started to function, as well as my Thanks. The smile become "more" real, passing the time and , from the lips, it started to go toward my minds , then to my heart, making me happy.
We think that we smile when we are happy.
I can confirm that we become happy when we start to smile.

We are sorrounded by good people and good things.

For example: isn't this chocolate cake a good thing?
TRY IT!




MARCELLA’S SACHER
SACHER DI MARCELLA

Ingredients:

120 gr ( 4 Oz) dark chocolate
120 gr ( 4 Oz) butter
100 gr ( 3 Oz) sugar
3 tbs bread crumbs
3 eggs

120 gr ( 4 Oz) dark chocolate for the frosting

Optional apricot jam


Cut the chocolate and the butter in pieces. Put them together with the sugar in a bowl over a pot of boiling water until melted.
Keep on stirring to cool down.
Add one egg at a time alternating with one spoon of bread crumbs.
Bake at 150° ( 300 F) for about 30 minutes.


Optionally, make 2 thinner cakes. Assemble them with the apricot jam in the middle.

CHOCOLATE ICING:

Ingredients:

60 gr ( 5 Oz)  Powdered Sugar
1/4 Cup Water (60 ml)
150 gr (5 Oz) Semi –Sweet Chocolate

Procedure:

            Make a syrup using the sugar and the water, bringing it to 106° C. Let it cool . when it is still warm, Add the chocolate, cut into pieces, and whisk until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
 Use immediately.


Instead of using the chocolate icing, you can decorate your cake in other ways: in the photo there are strips of cocoa powder , candied orange and raspberries in syrup.

Comments