Dave Made Me ......


.....Discombobulated, when I saw him six years after we met the first time.


This is a photo of him in 2012. I also posted something about our cooking together:

http://gigliocooking.blogspot.it/2012/08/every-day-someone-special-knocks-at-my.html

He and his beautiful wife Diane were back , last week. 

I thought my memory just was dismembered, when I saw him.

He is younger than six years ago.

Thus, either I need phosphorus or it can happen.


Gabriel Garcia Marquez declared that he had never written something that he hadn't seen with his eyes. Who has read this genial writer, knows the magic in his books.


In 2005 I got published a romance, titled Impermanenza. One of the characters is the Tender Linda, the midwife of a little village. Nobody knows her age. She can be either young or old in the memory of everyone. Apparently she lives for 100 year, then another 100 years accomplishing them backward, getting younger every day.

Now I can declare the same thing of Gabriel Garcia Marquez: I have seen it.

I have no photos of Dave this time. This can  turn out a positive thing. He is now as handsome as his wife  might not like her husband being published on internet. 

Dave, not make me wait six more years. Come before. You know.... next time, rather that discombobulated I can get shocked! 


This the recipe they choose to stay young:



SPAGHETTI ALLA CARBONARA
SPAGHETTI IN “CARBONARA” STYLE



Ingredients for 4:

360 gr ( 12 oz ) spaghetti
4 egg yolks
40 gr ( 1 + ½ oz ) grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
60 gr ( 2 oz ) bacon cut in cubes
60 gr ( 2oz ) extra virgin olive oil (or butter)
fine and course salt
pepper

Bring pasta water to a boil. When it boils add coarse salt and cook pasta.
Put the egg yolks in a large bowl that can contain the spaghetti once cooked. Beat them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and let it rest.
Put the extra virgin olive oil (or butter)  in a small saucepan. Add the bacon cubes. Turn heat to low and let it cook until the meat changes colour. The bacon should be ready by the time the pasta is ready to drain. Drain the pasta and mix it very well with the eggs: it’s VERY important to do it pretty fast since otherwise the eggs will cook!
Mix in the bacon sauce and sprinkle with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Serve immediately!
Note:
  1. you can utilize the whipped egg whites and incorporate them at the end.
  2. Another way is to dress the spaghetti first with the butter and then toss them into the egg yolks.

















Comments